Friday, March 02, 2007

Ice ice baby

Whoops! I forgot to fully close the door on my freezer the other day and so the next time I opened it, I found that the interior had gone from ‘a bit icy’ to ‘drifts’.

Of course, I know that sooner or later you’re supposed to de-frost your freezer - the natural indicator for this is when a bottle of vodka is frozen in the back somewhere and you have to get it out…which is why we have knives! I’m a bloke - I don’t de-frost - I hack! This has the benefit of being jolly good fun and also provides sizeable chunks of ice left over afterwards for that cooling gin and tonic you’re going to need. It also occasionally floods the house with freon from a pierced tube but that’s an occupational hazard.

The situation is a bit grim though, the ice build up means it’s getting difficult to close the door properly, meaning more ice, meaning it’s even more difficult to close the door…and so on. At the moment it’s only at the ‘good overnight dump’ stage but before long it’s going to be ‘march of the penguins’ and way up to Titanic before finishing with ‘I’m just going out, I may be some time’.

Obviously, I have to defrost before yetis move in - this will probably take place over the weekend and will, I have no doubt, result in a torrent of water like the Zambezi in spate and me with a towel to soak it up.

The benefit is that I get to eat all the stuff I’ve had in the freezer. This includes various items of stuff that I’ve frozen after meals in a fit of economy. Luckily, this means either chilli or curry, both of which go well with rice, the only drawback being I’m having them for lunch and as a result my office now smells like a Bombay brothel after a particularly tricky chicken jafrazi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home