Tuesday, January 01, 2008

12 days of Christmas – New Year’s Eve

Is New Year still officially Christmas? Well, I’ve still got leftover turkey in my fridge and until that is finished, then I’m still considering this period as Christmas.

Wandering up the road to get fresh food (a novelty in itself) I saw that a lot of front gardens and houses have jolly Christmas lights. This has been happening for so many years now that what was originally novel a few years ago has moved into a state of post-modern vulgarity and not really noteworthy. What looks like a new and exciting trend is for large transparencies with snowmen characters on them that go in the front porch! Fantastic! I look forward to this trend really catching on next year – and it can go year round for all festivals – I like the idea of a huge St George and dragon for St George’s day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home