Monday, June 26, 2006

Friday - Eeking

One interesting sight in a chi-chi village with two delis was the fruit and veg van pulled up and doing a roaring trade. While BMWs and Discos pulled up outside the deli selling the hand-blown herb and diamond pies, the locals from the village who actually do the work were lined up to the back of the van buying fruit and veg that I guess came from the same farm but cost a hell of a lot less.

Last official day of the holiday and leaving the holiday cottage meant practically prising my fingers off of the door frame. It's a great place to stay, as is evidenced by the other entries in the guest book. There's one family that seems to stay there even more often than mine does. When leaving my comments in the guest book I did think about leaving a message or perhaps setting them some sort of task but stopped myself. This is not what people go on holiday for and it could be perceived as being a bit weird. Even worse, they might do it back. The last thing I need is to get into some sort of escalating intellectual game or treasure hunt with a group of people ho, for all I know might be pathologically competitive, related to Dan Brown or just plain nuts. Worse, they could try and make friends with us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home