Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Krispy Kreme...again!

Your blogger, hard at work.

I’m so weak. Strolling past the Krispy Kreme kiosk at the station this morning, I thought I would bring a little sunshine and joy to the captives of the clerical cages in the office by clogging their arteries with sugar, starch and lard lard lard.

‘Half a dozen assorted glazed please.’
‘You get a dozen for only a couple of quid more sir.’
‘Nope, just half a dozen please.’
‘They keep for three days.’

It was about then that I saw, behind the standard issue accession country bird on the counter, a bloke spinning a disc with a spiral on it, while speaking soothingly.

‘You want a dozen doughnuts, doughnuts will make you happy, eat, eat the doughnuts by the dozen.’

‘I’ll take a dozen.’

Okay, that’s not quite how it happened, but it’s close enough. Damn the Krispy Kreme girl and her high-powered sales technique. Morally, it’s a step away from starting you off on a dime bag of crack.

So now I have my dozen doughnuts sitting in two half dozen boxes in the fridge and it’s all I can think about, it’s even temporarily displaced my default setting of lunchtime = beer.

I think I shall throw half to the troops (holding them above head height and making them dance for them also an option) and take the other half dozen home for personal consumption.

‘Keep for three days’ my ass - not in my house.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that I had to laugh a little at the attempt to completely distract my attention away from the picture and towards the Krispy Kreme donuts. I’m not sure which one I should comment on first! I’ve had my run-ins with Krisy Kreme doughnuts and must say that the “HOT NOW” sign is like an XXX ALL NUDE GIRLS neon sigh flashing in the seedy part of town. I know that I shouldn’t look or even be interested, but I can’t help but wonder. Then of course there is the sugar addiction and the craving. Maybe that’s how it is with your picture, too. Hopefully reading your blog won’t facilitate an eating disorder or worse, an even fatter rear end. You’re not half as angry, old, fat, disgusting, hairy, etc, etc, as you have led on to be. =) I’m kind of disappointed that you appear to be normal and attractive from what I can see through squinting at the picture. You also look very young---how old are you really?

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Old. It's a picture of Dylan Thomas. I posted it because a) it's cool and b) in my head, that's how I look.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, instead of looking it up, I will just ask who the hell Dylan Thomas is....Please remember I am a am just a girl from the backwoods of Georgia...not really.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is not Dylan Thomas...he died in 1953.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fine so maybe it is him...thought the pic looked too modern.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home