Thursday, October 13, 2011

Postcard from Norfolk – Burnham Market

The Hoste is a good English pub selling good beer in a good atmosphere with good free wifi. The pub derives a good income from the drinkers, the guests in the hotel, the visitors to the new spa (the hot tub did look like fun, what's better than drinking cold champagne in front of a warm fire? Drinking cold champagne in a hot tub!) and the diners, but may well be on some sort of commission scheme with the traders in the town. Certainly, my resolve was weakened with the three pints of lunch that I enjoyed there, and on leaving I strolled back to the second hand bookshop to pick up the two books I had decided not to buy earlier in the day.

Only cost me a tenner and I am looking forward to reading the books, but I wonder if the same thing happens with those who want back to the more expensive shops. This might explain how cashmere shorts are sold.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home